POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : plastic key with radiosity (WIP?) : plastic key with radiosity (WIP?) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  plastic key with radiosity (WIP?)
From: Apache
Date: 18 Jun 2002 22:58:27
Message: <3d0ff353@news.povray.org>
Another post with that key, this time using radiosity (with some artifacts).
I tried rendering the thing in 1152x864, but after a few days of rendering
povray gave up on it. It gave an error telling that allocating any more
memoray just wasn't possible and that it would strike if I'd try this again.
;-)
So I rendered it with about the same settings and 800x600 and already after
about 4 days it produced the attached image.

No lightsource, just a sphere with a very high ambient. I think the results
are better than using photons which I tried before but didn't give me the
results I wanted. And sorry, no soft edges. (yet?)

--
Apache
POV-Ray Cloth experiments: http://geitenkaas.dns2go.com/experiments/

Post a reply to this message